Digitizing HD in LA

Posted by druben25 
Digitizing HD in LA
May 29, 2007 05:56PM
Hey, just wanted to see if anybody had any idea about the best (read: cheapest) way to digitize a DVC tape containing HDV footage shot on a camera no longer in my possession (all I have is an old Sony TRV). I'm in Studio City and I'm almost positive I'd have to either go to some sort of post facility or rent a camera or deck. If anyone knows of any alternatives and/or best place to simply import my footage (have FCP at home), it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Digitizing HD in LA
May 29, 2007 07:19PM
so you don't have a deck or a camera and you want to digitize?
May 29, 2007 08:21PM
Correct. The only camera I currently I currently have with me is a six year old Sony TRV.
May 29, 2007 08:49PM
>>I'm almost positive I'd have to either go to some sort of post facility or rent a camera or deck.<<

Step up to 'positive'. smiling smiley

May 30, 2007 12:33AM
I know LA offers digitizing services, replete with hard drives to rent or buy -- but wouldn't a worldwide list of service providers be great?

Shane? Koz?

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 30, 2007 12:36AM
Thanks, but yeah, I have my own hard drive and just need to digitize the footage so I can bring it home and get it into FCP. The cheapest I've found is $125 to rent a deck per day. The places I've called have given me quotes of around $375/hr for use of their editing bay when all I need is digitizing.

Grr.
May 30, 2007 01:37AM
You can try PlasterCity Post (www.plastercitypost.com), the DR Group (www.drgroup.com). I've never had to take things somewhere to capture. I have always rented a deck. Cheaper, and I get to see the footage as it is captured.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics