way OT iTunes issue

Posted by Sean 
way OT iTunes issue
May 30, 2007 10:29PM
Hey guys/gals you all seem to be able to answer my questions so i'll post here too (i posted on the apple forums too).

I AM using a Windows XP machine......

Itunes 7.2 installs fine then i open it and when it gets to the point where the small window comes up that says "updating itunes" it might be "updating itunes library" it gets stuck after the green progress bar gets about a third of the way full......

when firefox is opened it locks FF up and i need to force quit (ctrl-alt-delete) both itunes and FF......

Thanks,

Sean
Re: way OT iTunes issue
May 31, 2007 12:53PM
Has iTunes ever worked on this machine in any version?

Are you the System Administrator or Power User while you're installing the software?

iTunes on a Windows machine has always been a little wacky. Do you have a Personal Firewall running? Which Virus Protection?

Koz
May 31, 2007 01:05PM
Haha hey Koz i am a system admin and yea it has worked on this machine for four years or so.

I literally JUST found and installed iTunes 7.0 and it works now so it's all good.

On the Apple discussions it sounds like quiet a few of people are having 7.2 issues on windows machines so hopefully Apple will knock out 7.2.1 with a fix real soon.

Oh and 7.2 is required for the DRM free music so i hope it happens REAL soon.

Thanks,

Sean
May 31, 2007 03:05PM
Hi Sean

Firefox has been crashing on me after upgrade to 2 plus--

Today FF released a upgrade --Maybe the fixed problems--Jay--
May 31, 2007 04:47PM
Yea i'm always scared to update FF because of the extensions i use...... i use quite a bit of FF extensions.......

Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics