Converting pal to ntsc using compressor2

Posted by J.Garcia 
Converting pal to ntsc using compressor2
May 31, 2007 05:54PM
I am using compressor to change a pal clip into ntsc, After I apply the change the size of the video is change but, the frame rate stays the same 25fps.

I am doing something wrong or does compressor 2 can't do this kind of conversion.

thanks always....

J. García
Re: Converting pal to ntsc using compressor2
May 31, 2007 06:07PM
you have to change the frame controls to custom...then you can change your frame rate to 29.97.

jude gave a great post on this issue a while ago...

...i suggest searching for it.

good luck

If at first you don't succeed, keep ****ing it up 'till it works!
May 31, 2007 07:15PM
<<<...i suggest searching for it. >>>

I suggest you tell us what the link is in your post.

[www.lafcpug.org]

I started searching in the FAQs since Jude is a major contributor. No luck there. Please note that the word "compressor" isn't in the title of the piece, etc. What a pain in the neck.

This isn't Google--or even Jeeves.

Maybe we can convince Jude to post this in the FAQ pile.

Koz
May 31, 2007 08:37PM
I managed to find the originating article for this, which is here Compressor 2 NTSC/PAL conversion

I also added this to the FAQ, since it is. An FAQ. And all that.

June 01, 2007 02:17AM
<<<And all that.>>>

Do the three of us count as high enough frequency?

I am disappointed with Compressor (once again, this time for different reasons). I'm struggling with the PAL > NTSC settings for a commercial we are producing. I pushed it through Nattress and it looks OK. The commercial has an odd problem in that the commercial itself was intentionally shot progressive to get that harsh, jittery look--even more pronounced in PAL.

Then, at the very end, apparently we put a tag in the last two clips that was perfectly and fully interlaced. In PAL, it looks crisp and smooth as only a Flame can do. In the conversion, however, it turns to garbage made worse by having everything up to that point look very good.

We used to own a full-on television standards converter. An ADAC with 11 vent fans and it took three of us to lift it. It had options that nobody ever touched except occasionally, make the video a little louder.

Compressor is supposed to work like that. Crank all the motion prediction and quality options all the way up and leave them like that. Bingo. One slow Alchemist.

Well, no. It turns out that may not be such a good idea. See Jude's information.

Didn't anybody design this product?

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics