Multicam edit problem???

Posted by jsztabzyb 
Multicam edit problem???
June 06, 2007 02:09PM
I have all me setting right befor starting I think. after I go true the sequence and mark all my cuts, all the little blue marker show up and it all looks great. But when I get to the end of the sequence and want to view my cuts I lose all the mark and all the work I have done cutting has disappeared???? Please help.....
Re: Multicam edit problem???
June 06, 2007 02:33PM
It looks that you are only changing the angles...
Are you using the Multicam Keyboard Layout?
If so, you need to press the "command" key while choosing the angle on the number keys.
Ohh... and if you are using a international keyboard uncheck the mark on your country's keyboard and leave only the US flag. Final Cut Pro is very "americanish" in this matter.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
June 06, 2007 03:54PM
Or to put it another way...
There is a difference between switching the angles and cutting the angles. Switching angles changes the whole shot since the last edit and until the next edit. Cutting angles places a new edit at the place you hit the key and cuts to the new angle. Both options when playing seem similar as you see the locators show up but the end result, as you have seen, is not the same.

Open up your keyboard settings and take a look at where all the multicam shortcuts are and figure out which ones are cut and which ones are switch. Rui's suggestion about the US keyboard is good as this gets everyone who uses international keyboards.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 06, 2007 04:55PM
Thank You!
My keeboard has the american flag on
In there any way to cut without holding the apple key all the time?
June 06, 2007 05:33PM
You can remap any of the multi-clip shortcuts to anywhere. If you like where they are now but don't want to hold down apple, go into the Keyboard modification menu and move them to the tab that's called "no modifiers" or something like that. Be careful that you don't erase other shortcuts that you are already used to. You can always save your keyboard setting as "Multiclip" and load it for that task and then switch back to your normal keyboard for standard editing.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 07, 2007 12:15AM
[Be careful that you don't erase other shortcuts that you are already used to. ]

Very few of those available; currently I show F1, Y, and slash (/).

But for MultiCam you need at least two or three convenient keys so you're bound to step on something.

Gee, I wonder if there's an easiy quick way to...?

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Select items and Shift-D to Make Offline!

The FCP HD KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at discount at the LAFCPUG Store!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics