Moving to Broadcast!

Posted by Gregory O'Toole 
Moving to Broadcast!
June 25, 2007 12:55PM
Hey all!
It looks as though the company that I have been working for ove the last few months is going to do a short series for broadcast. Up until now it has been corporate video distributed via an internal sattelite feed.

My producer has asked me what we need in terms of equipment to output broadcast quality programs. As this would be my first broadcast show, I come to you all to help advise. We are shooting DVCPROHD 720p 23.98

Currently, we have the followin setup:

Macpro quad machine with 5gb of ram
Kona 3 card
Xraid with 1.5 Tb of storage and soon-to-be fiberchannel
dell monitor
panasonic color correction monitor (www.fullcompass.com]

i know that i am going to need to get delivery specs from the broadcaster and work backwords to make sure that i can deliver what they need, but are there any things that jump as out essential?

thanks everyone!

greg
Re: Moving to Broadcast!
June 25, 2007 05:51PM
What kind of "broadcast"? Standard Def is not 720p. In NTSC land "broadcast" is 720x486 which is closest to DVCPRO 50.

Perhaps you are talking cable distribution?
June 25, 2007 06:12PM
what you've got seems like the right gear (not talking about a digi deck as you can rent those in)

but the main issue, i think is that you only seems to have ONE of everything.

one a series you would definitely need to have an assistant station, and an editor station,
or two editors going simultaneously PLUS another assistant / log & capture station.

nick
June 25, 2007 06:28PM
thanks for the replies guys

john-
i'm not sure if they would want an HD or SD master. However, you are right, it is cable.

nick
we've got the assistant's station - now we need an assistant that i can trust!

thanks again guys!
greg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics