Anyone on Maxcast.com ?

Posted by Bret Latter 
Anyone on Maxcast.com ?
July 07, 2007 03:03AM
I know this maybe way off as far as a subject to be asked here. If it is I appoligize. I'm an editor(kinda) under the gun and trying to pull straw out of my.....
I do some work for a casting director here in nm. The job I'm helping on now is an at&t commecial. The 'client' wants all of the casting she shot. 2 1/2 hours-dv uploaded to a site they can view it from. My first thouht was to use idisk because it's fassst. Showed the casting director how it worked. She loved the speed and said go with this. Well the 'client' can't understand it and wants it on maxcast.com, she says.
The problem is, is that maxcast is taking on subscribers like gmail frist did. You have to be invited. Well it's to late to call the casting dir. so she can call the production co. and get the e-mail address of someone there that might be a member....And this stuff needs to be ready in the morning.
I hope you will see my delima and be able to help. I need the e-mail address of an already member, of maxcast.

If it makes any differance, I will be useing fcp and compressor to do the work in. It's already captured.

I hope some one will be kind enough to help. Thanks.

Bret
Re: Anyone on Maxcast.com ?
July 07, 2007 05:16AM
Hey Bret

I got this page by viewing another as a guest and then clicking 'sign up for maxcast'. This one will probably work, I didn't use it to sign up.

[www.photomax.com]

July 07, 2007 10:53AM
Thank you very much!

bret
July 07, 2007 10:47PM
surely you'd be better off compressing your DV to H.264, or mpeg?
although it they'll take 30gigs on maxcast, i guess that;s fine

nick
July 07, 2007 11:13PM
What I actually did just recently was set up a 'private' screening area on You Tube for some clients of mine so they could view cut progressions. You Tube allows you to have a section where up to 25 people can view the work, and it's not open to the public. A little bit complicated to set up, but once it's going all your clients can check in and view the works any time they want.

Of course the quality is not fantastic, but for this stuff (is the story progressing correctly, are the interview grabs the right ones, is this legally OK?) it's ideal.

July 08, 2007 12:31AM
Jude, that's interesting. Who compresses it, you or YouTube?

- Loren
Today's FCP 6 keytip:
Set Video Only In and Out with Control I or O !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 08, 2007 02:11AM
and i presume you don't have the usual You-Tube size limits?

nick
July 08, 2007 02:28AM
Yes - the limits still apply. Another thing I forgot to mention, sorry. Maximum 10 minutes and 100 MB. I just split half hours into three, compress h.264 to get as close as I can to 100MB, then Youtube recompresses. The results are a lot better than they sound.

Here's some stuff I broke down recently for a local Anti Nuclear group to give you an idea of the size, speed and resolution. These clips are almost all the maximums, but were taken from DVD via MPEG streamclip, so the inital quailty wasn't pristine either.

You can see that graphics suffer quite a bit, but that a client could still easily see how the work was progressing. These are on the new beta version of youtube, but the differences aren't massive from the old ones, I don't think.

I'm guessing if (when?) there is a 'pay' version of YouTube if the size and quality issues will dramatically improve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics