OT: Magic Bullet 3 is comin'...

Posted by grafixjoe 
OT: Magic Bullet 3 is comin'...
July 15, 2007 12:58PM
This is gonna blow you "coloristas" away. A total reworking of the interface & interactions with the FX. I can't wait to upgrade my 2.1 Suite for After Effects. Here's a sneak peek given by Stu Mashwitz himself (VFX wiz / creator):

[www.studiodaily.com]

Upgrade pricing (VERY reasonable for MB Editor / Suite license owners):

[redgiantsoftware.com]

This looks to be an earth shaker, folks (IMHO). Have a look.

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT: Magic Bullet 3 is comin'...
July 15, 2007 06:09PM
OK...Now, I know that you can get a signal out of AE to a monitor so you can see what it really looks like. But, what about scopes? Yes, you can add hardware scopes, but does AE have software scopes other than the Histogram that I saw in a Stu demo? Histogram isn't what I go by.

I was wondering about that one...because I am a huge COlorista fan. An I have used MBE 2.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 15, 2007 07:53PM
i love the thinking behind this, with the camera analogy
makes a lot of sense.

here's some questions i asked at studio daily:

1. both examples of the spot fx were circles.
any way to turn them into elipses?
more complex shapes?

2. can the colour wheels be enlarged?

3. any scopes other than histogram?

nick
July 16, 2007 08:38AM
This just feels like such a professional app designed for professionals. I love the drag & drop FX on either the matte box / lens / magazine...sweet. Revolutionary. The spot FX are very useful. Adjustable gradients & lens kicks. Looks to be much easier to create & save custom looks. I can't wait for it.

I have posted questions on Stu Mashwitz's blog with no responses (he's probably busy touring promoting this sucker). I, too, am curious about the scopes. I have been using hardware scopes at the studio. I have been doing it for so long that I have grown accustomed to how the luma / chroma on my output monitor is represented and I can pretty much see what's out of range without the scopes smiling smiley

As of now, the only full set of scopes is inside the Color Finesse plug-in. You can set your looks in MB , precomp the clip & apply Color Finesse to tweak the levels for safety. P.I.T.A., but it works if you NEED to use waveform / vectorscope.

Joey

July 16, 2007 07:16PM
Synthetic Aperture sells a scope application for AE called "Test Gear". $95
I use it all the time. Works great.

[www.synthetic-ap.com]
July 16, 2007 08:11PM
Test Gear is not available for CS3 yet.

July 17, 2007 02:16PM
Got it Joe,
Checked SyntheticApps forum and they are saying September for a CS3 version.
July 17, 2007 02:19PM
Adobe kinda screwed all their 3rd party developers by not giving up the release date to them. Trapcode is also behind in their CS3 development as well as Magic Bullet 3.

Joey

July 17, 2007 02:34PM
Wow,
I just bought the CS3 Creative Suite a month ago with the intent to use their upgrade offer to the Master Collection to get After Effects and all the rest.

Was going to do the upgrade last week and then started seeing reports of OpenGL problems with AE CS3 on the Mac.

So now I am not sure if I should wait until these problems are ironed out in a couple months or purchase now and just not install AE till the GL and plugin problems are resolved.

My only issue with waiting is if Adobe decides to end the upgrade deal.

I guess I don't feel sorry for Adobe's Apple/GL problems when they turn around and treat their plugin suppliers the same way!
Anonymous User
July 17, 2007 02:54PM
Trapcode will be showing off their stuff at the August 22 lafcpug meeting. Giving away 5 copies of Colorista at next weeks meeting too, courtesy of Red Giant.
July 17, 2007 03:17PM
Are they UB/CS3 versions Mike?

July 17, 2007 05:52PM
I'm guessing they will be. Dont know.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics