Can you open this clip in FCS?

Posted by Josh Skinner 
Can you open this clip in FCS?
July 18, 2007 10:20AM
I am having a very hard time with some footage that was ftp'ed to me from a friend in Sweden. I get PAL footage from my Swedish friends all the time and can always work with it just fine in a PAL FCP project. This however is HDV and I can't for the life of me open it with FCS or find a downconversion in Compressor 2 that will let me work with it. I haven't had any luck with Nattress Standards Conversion either.

I am convinced that I am doing something wrong or missing something obvious so hopefully you all can steer me to a FCS sequence setting so I can at least open the clips to begin a PAL HDV to NTSC SD downconversion workflow.

FYI this is my first time with working with HDV.

I can't reach my Swedish friend at the moment to find out exactly what camera he used but I do have this info he sent me the other day from his Premiere project he used to capture the footage in Sweden.

General
Editing mode: HDV 720p
Timebase: 29,97 fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 1280h 720v (1,000)
Frame rate: 29,97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Capture Format
HDV Capture

Here is a link to the Clip (33MB file)

After your browser loads control click to save it. I have not altered this clip in any way. This is exactly how I received it.
Thanks in advance.
Josh

ps The only way I have been able to open and view this clip is with the VLC media player.
Re: Can you open this clip in FCS?
July 18, 2007 04:48PM
HI Josh.

Your answer is MPEG streamclip: http://www.squared5.com/. It's free! I tried it with your clip and had no problems converting it to ProRes422.

Good luck

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
Re: Can you open this clip in FCS?
July 19, 2007 11:55AM
Thanks Travis I am going to try it right away! Will report back.

Josh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics