12 bit audio hell!

Posted by nlittrell 
12 bit audio hell!
July 25, 2007 07:15AM
Hi and Help!

I wrote about this back in May, but I've been out of the loop since then--I moved, etc.--and haven't been able to address this problem. I received some responses at that time, but none of these seem to be a fix for the problem.

So, to restate:

I mistakenly recorded footage with my audio set at 12 bit/4 channel. Now FCP won't even let me capture that footage--when I try to capture, FCP says there's a prob. with the tape.

After referencing the manual, I've changed my Capture Settings/audio to last 2 channels or mix 4 channels, but now that is just screwing with the time-code when I try to capture.

How do I get this footage into FCP with these settings so that I can edit it?

Do I need to transfer the footage to a disk and then try to convert it from there?

Thanks!

Nicolle
Re: 12 bit audio hell!
July 25, 2007 08:57PM
get a mini to mini cable, go from the headphone out jack on camera to audio in on computer. Change preferences for audio capture from Dv source to analog in, Use vanilla dv settings for everything else.

You will be going digital-analog-digital for your audio. FCP will recapture at 16bit 48 khz.
July 27, 2007 11:10AM
Thanks for responding. Sounds like there's hope!

I have a MacBook Pro laptop, so when you say "audio in" on my computer, is this the port that's next to headphone jack or is it the headphone jack itself?

And...when you say "vanilla" do you mean just the default settings for "everything else?"
August 02, 2007 04:31PM
what are vanilla setting?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics