Aliasing ? random shots in an HD project

Posted by vizwiz 
Aliasing ? random shots in an HD project
July 28, 2007 12:21PM
Got FCP 5.1.4 and a 45-minute 720p24 project shot on HVX200.
Already in FCP, some shots play crystal clear and some slightly aliased. Also, some shots are perfectly sharp when you pause, and some freeze in quite pixilated state. I cannot for the life of me figure out why some shots do it and some don?t. I checked settings (sometime you accidentally move or crop video when compositing in effects ? not the case). Even more frustrating, when the project is output either through QuickTime or Compressor, either as mpeg2 or H.264 ? again, some shots are pixilated and some aren?t. Specifically, anytime there is a cross-dissolve, it pixelates the image.
The Bonsai method only made it worse.

Thank you

vw
Re: Aliasing ? random shots in an HD project
July 28, 2007 12:28PM
Are the SAME shots that are pixelated and weird in the timeline the ones that are pixelated when you export to QT?

Shane's Stock Answer #2: Blurry playback

ONLY JUDGE THE QUALITY OF YOUR MATERIAL ON AN EXTERNAL NTSC MONITOR, OR AT LEAST A TV.

1. Disable overlays on the canvas
2. Make sure you've rendered everything (no green bars at the top of the timeline

[docs.info.apple.com]

Video playback requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or NTSC monitor routed thru your camera or deck or capture card.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: Aliasing ? random shots in an HD project
July 28, 2007 12:55PM
It?s a mess. Some shots that play clear in FCP are aliased when exported, some aren?t. Some that weren?t pixilated in FCP a week ago now are. Anything that plays pixilated in FCP remains so in .mov or H.264. Overlays disabled, all rendered, no green or yellow.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics