Quicktime clip audio on Mac but not on PC

Posted by CyWar 
Quicktime clip audio on Mac but not on PC
August 01, 2007 02:46PM
Dumb question, I know. But, when I make a QT clip from FCP, it plays just beautifully on my iMac (video and audio). However, when I copy the file to a CD or DVD and take to my office and copy to my PC (WindowsXP), the video plays just fine, but there is no audio...!!??

I've tried various export formats in FCP, but still get no audio at office. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but darned if I can figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, Cyrus
iMac 27" Intel i7 Quad-Core; 16GB RAM; 2TB HD
Final Cut Studio, FCP X, Photoshop CS5, After Effects, etc.
Re: Quicktime clip audio on Mac but not on PC
August 01, 2007 02:59PM
What export settings are you using?

www.derekmok.com
August 01, 2007 03:15PM
OK everyone, now I know I'm an idiot.....!!!

Was just reading some other post about a client that was driving them nuts, claiming there was no audio on any of the PC's in her office when playing the DVD.

Turned out she had the audio turned off on the PC's...... duh!!!! "Say what??!!!", said I..... went and checked and, sure enough, my audio was not turned on either..... Now they play with audio.

20 lashes with a wet noodle for the old man!!! Amazing how most of the time it is really something simply we overlook....

Wonder where I can get a brain upgrade (at a reasonable price, of course!).
Thanks Derekmok for your response.....

Regards, Cyrus
August 01, 2007 03:16PM
Do you have the free QuickTime for Windows installed?

Does the PC audio work under all other circumstances? Do you get sound from YouTube? Can you play a music CD?

Koz
August 01, 2007 08:31PM
Everything on the PC (WindowsXP) is working fine; QT does just fine now that I turned the audio on. Somehow something changed the audio drivers to another setting for a driver I don't have. Sometimes Windows Update makes odd changes to my configuration. Oy!

I think I need an upgrade for my brain instead..... Thanks everyone.

Regards, Cyrus
August 02, 2007 07:39PM
Actually, just as an FYI... if you create a QuickTime video on a Mac that uses an MP3 audio codec variant (like AAC) and you play the video on a PC with a QuickTime installation under version 7, it'll play the video but not the audio and it wont through a playback error on the PC.

Marco Solorio | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Media Batch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics