OT: Magic Bullet Looks 3 BETA...

Posted by grafixjoe 
OT: Magic Bullet Looks 3 BETA...
August 09, 2007 02:51PM
I am in a unique situation...I have been invited to BETA-test MB Looks 3 (I am at it right now). Some of you saw my original post about the upcoming release & offered up a few feature ideas. I can submit these as "Feature Requests" so if you don't mind...LIST THEM BELOW and I will write them up & submit them. THESE ARE FOR ALL VERSIONS OF MBL3 including the Editors version!

Here's Stu Mashwitz's blog & a sneak peek for you:

[prolost.blogspot.com]

Thanks smiling smiley

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT: Magic Bullet Looks 3 BETA...
August 09, 2007 05:43PM
I was very disappointed after purchasing Magic Bullet. The ?looks? react poorly on darker light regions on the footage turning them completely black. They might work in a controlled environment but normal ext daylight shots are usually turned into a muddy mess. It has been virtually impossible to give handheld/multi angle shots a coherent look because only super-evenly lit scenes seem to work in a desired manner.

Second, and somewhat related problem, is the intensity of the ?looks?. Most of them are just too over the top. I might want to give my footage a blue tint, NOT to colorize it completely blue. Again, usability for the filters has been close to zero.

A simple solution would be to make the software react better with darker regions and apply an intensity slider. Sure, you can alter the intensity by adjusting 20+ faders that control the overall effect. That?s just too complicated and totally unnecessary. Just add a knob for "general effect intensity" and I?ll upgrade ASAP
August 09, 2007 08:00PM
"Just add a knob for "general effect intensity"

Done. Actually not a "knob", but an Intensity Slider. I posted that request 5 minutes ago for you.

Nobody else in here uses Magic Bullet in any of their apps & plans on upgrading? This is your chance for your voice to be heard by Stu Maschwitz himself and his software development team in the BETA phase. Let me hear you if you are interested.

Joey

August 10, 2007 06:28PM
I agree with this above point, but furthering that, perhaps a guide on what the settings for the "looks" actually do. Playing around is great, but with HD footage, every little change takes time to render, so it would be nice to know the basics of what slider settings are available to change. Gamma is pretty self-explanatory, but there are multiple gradients, etc. that should be laid out better or part of a sub-menu.
August 10, 2007 07:42PM
So Kevin...you are asking for a more detailed Help file? Did you read the documentation that comes with the program? My MB v2 came with a 144 page PDF that is excrutiatingly detailed.

We are all working with HD at one point or another these days so you are not alone. That is the catch 22 of using this program = to create awesome "looks" by experimenting. If you're not a "tweak freak" like me, this app might not be for you. I don't know too many people that can just type in a few numbers in a parameter (exposure / matte / color / etc) and adjust that parameter to the exact spot the first time. It's one of those apps you just tweak til you like what you see.

If it makes you feel better, the looks render MUCH FASTER on my Quad & Dual 2.5 in Looks3 v.1 than in Looks2.

Joey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics