Is FCP 6 missing some upgrades?

Posted by jdredline 
Is FCP 6 missing some upgrades?
August 18, 2007 03:40PM
I haven't really dug into version 6 yet to explore all the new stuff available, but on a recent DI project I was really surprised and shocked to learn that some important features had not changed since version 5.

The industry seems to be moving in the DI direction, so why isn't version 6 more DI friendly?

1. Why isn't there a new filter called "CG" or something similar to place on clips that will be manipulated by a computer for special effects? That way, when you create your film lists, the CG shots are listed on a new "Pull" list so those shots can be scanned first and sent off to the special effects house.

2. Why didn't EDLs get upgraded? For conforming DIs, I need the EDLs to list Camera Roll information, not which video reel the footage got taped to. So, why doesn't it give me an option for Reel Name or Cam Roll? Avid has had this option for some time now.

They did upgrade the new Cinema Tools film lists to be more compatible with today's standard delivery requirements - providing source TC on the lists, and better oragnization.

Now, I may have simply missed these features while running through to finish the project or perhaps there already is an easier way to accomplish these things I've listed, but have yet to discover them.

So, please, anyone in the "know", please correct me, or educate me.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics