Highlighted from the Range select tool (brown) there is no markers
of any type visiable-- so I can not tell where the TL was selected

Is there a setting that I need to enable for Range Select markers
to Stay Visible ???
Thanks for your time --Jay --

FCP 5.04
Re: Range Select Tool
August 19, 2007 07:46PM
no, as with any other selection, there is no explicit way to leave a permanent marker of any kind that indicates where that selection (or partial selection) once was
you can of course manually add markers if you want help to remember where you had the selection

however, if you apply a filter to a range (selection) then you'll see colored bar representing that filter in the Clip Keyframes track in the timeline (option T to toggle this on/off) ... and when looking in the filters tab of the affected clip, in the Viewer window, you will see visible markers that indicate where the effect starts and stops in the timeline bar of the filter
August 19, 2007 09:05PM
Range selection doesn't stay visibie because it's not selected any more. When you click off the click you have deselected the portion of the clip the range selection tool highlighted. If you want to select a portion of the timeline use In and Out points and the auto select buttons to define which tracks you want selected.
August 20, 2007 04:44AM
This was worth investigating!

Nothing prevents you from marking off your range select areas with a couple of "null" keyframes (Control-K), visible as dots when you open your timeline Filters bar with Option-T as Andy indicates. This way you don't have to add filters. If you do later, however, it may confuse.

You could also *extend* a Clip Marker which shows up as a red bar indicating the selected range. (M, advance playhead, Option-Tilde).

You can do this outside the clip (Timeline Marker) -- more useful if your range extends beyond one clip or traverses a gap. Building on Tom's suggestion, to temporarily preserve such a range select, press Shift-A for In-Out marks made from the range. Then Add Marker to the In, advance to the Out, then Option-Tilde to extend the Marker bar. Voila, sequence range.

I think you can have as many of these as you like.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
August 20, 2007 01:37PM
Thanks for your help
Andy- Tom -Loren you all are Awesome-- Jay--
August 20, 2007 10:39PM
Range away!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics