studio sound monitors spiking

Posted by carloshaney 
studio sound monitors spiking
August 29, 2007 06:28PM
Searched the thread but couldnt find a similar problem. Just bought Behringer B2030A studio monitors. Trying to use them with Quicksilver Dual 1'S FCP 5.1.2 with DataVideo D.A.C. 15 media converter to BetacamSP UVW-1800 with a Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer and a Sony PVM1954Q video monitor. We set it all up at the music store with a laptop, minus the video monitor and no problems. Back at the ranch the limiters are popping in. I know this is one of those "gotta be there' to diagnose, but in the past I've noticed when I switch in between Live Type and FCP, when I have external view on, my little computer speakers would pop when it loses extrnal signal to the converter, so I think its somethig to do with the media converter. Haven't comtacted Data Video yet, maybe its a dip switch. Maybe its dirty power or too many crossed cables. Thought you Gurus would be my best bet. Thanks for any suggestions. (They are popping with all mixer pots down and the FCP mixer at -24)

Carlos in Corpus Christi
Re: studio sound monitors spiking
August 29, 2007 09:38PM
Just so I'm clear. There is no show at all going through the system. All you're doing is turning Final Cut on and off, right?

When you first launch your machine in the morning, does it pop when you launch Final Cut--given there's nothing else running at the time?

Our sound systems do some pretty odd things when the machines are coming up and all the pieces don't know about each other yet.

Koz
Re: studio sound monitors spiking
August 30, 2007 10:20PM
It turns out its happening completley isolated from everything. Its coming out of my electrical outlet. Guess I need cleaner power. Thanks for responding.

Carlos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics