Interactive CDs- Any alternatives to director

Posted by jenvery 
Interactive CDs- Any alternatives to director
September 19, 2007 02:38AM
Hi! I am searching all over for the best and easiest program to make interactive CDs. I found a neat program called AutoPlay but it only works on Windows : (. Director MX2004 looks like the standard but very complicated and no premade stuff and seems old. Shouldnt there be a new one since 2004?! Any suggestions for a great Mac product for making interactive CDs? Thank you sooooo much! jen
Re: Interactive CDs- Any alternatives to director
September 21, 2007 04:39AM
Jenvery the obvious alternative to Director is Flash which over the years has increasingly offered the same power and features as Director. Personally i could never get my head around flash but found learning lingo very easy - and spending a little time playing around is well worth it,
The other alternative is Livestage although personally i found it a rather complex app in comparision to the simple scripting of Director!

And yes, i wish we would get a DirectorCS, alas Adobe seem to want to just push flash.
Re: Interactive CDs- Any alternatives to director
September 22, 2007 01:07AM
Thanks! I do have Adobe Flash. I didnt know it could make interactive CDs. I just use it to convert videos to Flash video. Does it have the program to make the CD work or do you need another program? I would love a program like Autoplay that is for windows, it has templates and buttons and lots of stuff premade and no coding. I just feel like I will faint over if I have to learn another program! Thanks! Jennifer
DVD@ccessRe: Interactive CDs- Any alternatives to director
September 22, 2007 01:48PM
Hi again! I was wondering if you or anyone had tried making an interactive DVD with using DVDSP and that DVD@CCEss option? I guess it can link to websites, email, and files you put on the DVD? Let me know if you think that might work? Thanks, Jen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics