Copy and paste keyframes?

Posted by Sprocketz 
Copy and paste keyframes?
September 19, 2007 12:58PM
Hi, a quick technique question.

I have a bunch of animated lower third graphics to layover a show. They animate in and I am adding a fade out at the end. I started out doing the fade by going into the motion tab and hand setting opacity keyframes. I was thinking I could copy and paste those keyframes to the other animations but it doesn't look like I can copy and paste keyframes in the motion tab.

I think my best option is just to add a "effect" fade instead of directly setting keyframes.

So my question is, can keyframes in the motion tab be copied and pasted to other clips?
If so what is the proper way to select a group of keyframes in order to copy them?

Thanks for any info.
Re: Copy and paste keyframes?
September 19, 2007 01:28PM
> can keyframes in the motion tab be copied and pasted to other clips?

Yes. Select the clip with the properties you want to copy, APPLE-C (Copy). Select the target clip, OPTION-V (Paste Attributes).

www.derekmok.com
September 19, 2007 01:35PM
Thanks Derek!
September 19, 2007 08:21PM
But you can get the same effect by just adding a crossfade transition to the end of the clip. You don't have to have another clip butted up to it to add a transition. To change its length, double click it to load it in the viewer, switch to the 'controls' tab in the viewer and type the duration you want in the small box at the top left hand of the viewer. You can make this a favorite, or drag it to another clip-end by grabbing the small hand icon, or option-drag it from one place in he timeline to another.

For this kind of work I would use a crossfade, because it's mathematically regular, and if you fade by hand then it's bound to be faster or slower in some places than others, making it look uneven.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics