Flash encoding

Posted by Sheryl 
Flash encoding
September 24, 2007 11:12PM
We have a T-1 server on the backbone; we are trying to find a way to encode our work samples
so as to suit both DSL and Broadband viewers;

The tech before me he was able to encode so that both DSL and Broadband could view the Flash without compromised viewing; unfortunately we have not been able to decipher how he did it; (we have the Flash from CS3 )

Do any of you have ideas on how we can accomplish this short of the gruelling trail and error method we are undergoing? It's imperative that our work can be viewed in order to acquire the necessary work to keep the rent paid!

Thank you very much.

Sheryl
Re: Flash encoding
September 25, 2007 12:03AM
the Flash Encoder included with CS3 works great for me. I've been using the DV 700k preset and it's great quality and quick load times. although I'm sure if you messed with the compression settings you could come up with something that works best for your needs. I myself would like to know what the difference is between using the Sorenson Spark and On2 VP6 video codecs ...so if anyone can answer that please do smiling smiley
September 25, 2007 01:58AM
DSL, Broadband, same thing. If you are looking for a recipe then download this

[www.proappstips.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 25, 2007 07:21AM
You might want to do some research elsewhere or even hire a consultant if Flash encoding/distribution is an integral part of your production pipeline. Although you can export Flash video from FCP using QT it is the distribution part that bites you.

In order to serve clients with varying connection speeds you need something called Flash Community Server to do it properly. Also, it might be a good idea to invest for server side encoding instead of trying to use a desktop computer for the job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics