Blackmagic Intensity Pro Question

Posted by jchobani 
Blackmagic Intensity Pro Question
September 28, 2007 06:34AM
If I buy this capture card can I import from a copy written DVD (Yes I absolutely have the legal rights). If not, can I play that dvd on a dvd player to my Mini DV cam and then put that tape on FCP the standard way?

Thanks again
Re: Blackmagic Intensity Pro Question
September 28, 2007 09:33AM
are you wanting to buy that card JUST to do this? im not sure that its going to be of ANY help in this capacity...

why wouldnt you just rip it? its FREE
September 28, 2007 10:20AM
Cameras and decks won't work, as they detect the copy protection and stop recording.

Yes...I know this from experience. (Actors Demo Reels)

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
September 28, 2007 10:48AM
and BTW, not sure it matters in this case, but the intensity card ONLY works on intel macs.
September 28, 2007 11:16AM
Get Handbrake of the net, rip the DVD and convert to whatever file you want using streamclip...no decks, no Blackmagic card, co camera...I do it all the time and it's fine. Phil UK
September 28, 2007 12:07PM
The intensity card was made with capturing HDMI from the new generation CMOS HDV cameras in mind, circumventing HDV compression by getting the signal directly off the processor. From what I've seen, it does a very good job at that.

With a DVD player with an HDMI output you could theoretically play out from the player into the (Intel) Mac via the card's HDMI input. That would only happen in real time though. And, HDMI does provide a copy protection function, so you well could be back to square 1 at the end of the day.

So, what they said. Much easier, cheaper, faster to do a rip. The card was made for other stuff.

hth,
Clay
September 28, 2007 01:11PM
Thanks for the info,

What is a good DVD ripper

Couldn't you use pass through on the Canon HV-20 to achieve the same type of thing?
September 28, 2007 01:28PM
mac the ripper is easier than handbrake in my opinion. but its fallen behind the curve in protection circumvention...
September 28, 2007 01:33PM
Handbrake is not appropriate as it rips to MPEG-4. It's designed to convert DVD for iPod use.
September 30, 2007 01:26AM
Mac the Ripper copies the disk on to your computer without the copyright protection.
haven't used it for ages, but when i did, it worked

you'd then use MPeg Streamclip (free) to convert to an editable video format.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics