Graphic question: Pb with layered psd files

Posted by xavpil 
Graphic question: Pb with layered psd files
October 01, 2007 09:38PM
I started a thread last week and didn't have a chance to apply the advices I received until today.
So, it worked, and it didn't work.
After opening the file in the timeline I was able to select all the layers and drag in a folder in the browser. However I had to bring each layer in the timeline of my sequence resulting in a pile up of layers.
I know I should be able to "nest" these layers. But how?
Thanks all for helping.
Re: Graphic question: Pb with layered psd files
October 01, 2007 09:45PM
They are already nested when you bring them in - the layers come in as a layered sequence. What do you want to do?

October 01, 2007 10:15PM
I originally dble clicked on the newly imported sequence and it opened the layers in the timeline.
But when I then tried to insert the file (Sequence) in my sequence, it wouldn't work and I got a message saying that the TC weren't matching.
I was advised to make sure that my sequence's setting were the same. I tried with no satisfying result.
I was then told to select the layers from the time line and to drag them in a bin in the browser. Which brings me to my posting....
I know I am messing up somewhere...
I remember, while working off the FCP tutorial, importing a psd file which didn't show as a sequence. I just placed it wherever I needed it in my sequence and dble clicked on it to adjust the motion and timing for each layer. I believe this was a real nested file.
Hope you'll be able to help.

Thx
October 02, 2007 04:58AM
Well, there's no timecode on a .psd file. It's a still. You should have been able to just drop it into the timeline.

Maybe what happened is that you're working in FCP 6 and it was the very first thing you tried to drop into a new timeline? This would give you an alert because it would try to match the source, but, you could just ignore this warning and override it changing the sequence to match.

As it is you're jumping through hoops you shouldn't need to. Luckily, they're not on fire,yet. winking smiley

October 02, 2007 04:59AM
By the way, to work on a .psd file as a clip rather than a layered group, select it in the timeline with one click and press return. To work on it as layers, double click it in the timeline.

October 02, 2007 10:04AM
Ok, will try this morning !
thx
October 02, 2007 03:31PM
All set!

Thanks all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics