F9, F10 and F11 does not work

Posted by robin 
F9, F10 and F11 does not work
October 20, 2007 06:59PM
Hi,

Another question: My F9, F10, F11, F12 does not act as the insert and over write etc. that is set in FCP. I unchecked these keyboard keys from the general MacBookPro preferences and it still doesn't allow me to use them in FCP. This happens on other machines too.

Any solutions?

Thanks ahead of time!

Robin
Re: F9, F10 and F11 does not work
October 20, 2007 07:15PM
Have you disabled Expose and Dashboard keys wich take these by default?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke the Audio Mixer with Option-6 !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
October 23, 2007 11:05AM
I disabled the F9, F10 and F11 keys in the Mac system pref; Dock, expose and Dashboard. Is that right?

Thanks for more instructions.

Robin
October 23, 2007 11:20AM
> I disabled the F9, F10 and F11 keys in the Mac system pref; Dock, expose and Dashboard. Is
> that right?

That should do it. Did it not work?

You can always turn them back on if you need them in the future. I never have, though. I customize my own Dashboard shortcut and never use Exposé.

www.derekmok.com
October 23, 2007 06:56PM
No it did not work. I went to the Mac system prefs: keyboard and mouse: keyboard shortcuts: dock, exposé and dashboard then uncheck: all windows F9, aplication windows F10, Desktop F11, and Dashboard F12. I kept automatically hide and show dock. I also shut down and start up.

Is that right? Do i need to do anything in FCP? In the custom keyboard layout it shows the F9, F10 etc as the insert and overwirite etc. keys but it won't do it. when I hit them I get the "circlre slash"
symbol of "can not."

Any other ideas? thanks.

Robin
October 23, 2007 08:51PM
Hmm. The 'Circle slash' symbol is not a FCP warning. It's a sytem warning.

Go to System Preferences > Dashboard and Expose > And change the f9, f10 and f11 shortcuts there. If you want, just choose the little dash at the bottom of the list to turn them off.

October 23, 2007 09:26PM
I unchecked them already. Went to the Mac system prefs: keyboard and mouse: keyboard shortcuts: dock, exposé and dashboard then unchecked: all windows F9, application windows F10, Desktop F11, and Dashboard F12. I kept automatically hide and show dock. I also shut down and start up. Is that right? if not how do you do it?

Thanks
October 24, 2007 12:23AM
First, trash your FCP preferences. Then go to Dashboard and Exposé and tell us exactly what it says opposite All Windows. What do you see?
October 24, 2007 02:05AM
No - not in the keyboard shortcuts area, Just in System Preferences > Dashboard and Expose. Don't go to the keyboards and mouse preferences. Look on the top row of the preferences instead. They might still be set to perform these functions even though you've turned them off in shortcuts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics