Firestore Help

Posted by ClayC 
Firestore Help
October 22, 2007 04:28AM
What's this glitch? >> I connected a FS-100 Firestore drive with 720p25 material, ran the P2 organize utility, enabled the disk, which then shows up on the desktop. I opened a 720p25 Project File, setup a log bin and hit Log and Transfer. The firestore clips appear as they should. I can open them in the Log and Transfer preview window as usual. I then select the clips I want to import and send them to the import cue and FCP starts importing. Only thing is, after importing, a red warning sign shows up to the left of each clip in the cue list and displays Error-No Data.

Ok, so we restart the MacPro, reboot the firestore, create a new FCP project, etc. etc. etc. Same deal. Error-NoData, which is strange, because the clips can play back in the Log and Capture window.

So, I'm thinking it's some sort of file format error, but haven't a clue how to solve it. We've used Firestore extensively over the past several months with 720p, 1080i, and including variable frame rates, and have never had any problems.

What gives??

Clay

FCS 2, FCP 6.0.1, MacPro Dual Quad 3.0
Re: Firestore Help
October 22, 2007 08:02AM
Try copying all P2 contents to an external drive, then import.
Bypassing the FS for import.
October 22, 2007 08:34AM
>>Try copying all P2 contents to an external drive, then import.
Bypassing the FS for import.<<

Tried that too. Identical behavior. Error-NoData.

Clay
October 22, 2007 02:20PM
Here's an idea...
something similar happened once before. (can't remember what exactly)

I analyzed a working P2 content folder.
Verified a missing component (an empty folder) in the problem P2 content.
Copied and pasted the missing folder into the problem P2.
October 23, 2007 04:10AM
Good thought, thanks for that. I don't currently have a working P2 set. Once the clips have been through Log and Transfer, I back up the clips and trash the P2 Content folder.

My buggy Content folder contains:

An Audio folder with .mxf files.
A Clip folder with .xml files.
An Icon folder with .bmp files.
A Proxy folder which is empty.
A Video folder with .mxf files.
A Voice folder which is empty.

Total 6 folders, nothing else. Can you tell me if that's right?

Many thanks,
Clay
October 23, 2007 09:38AM
It's been a while since my P2 import days so please forgive me if this leads you astray.

I remember having some trouble upon import with a few tricky cards and also remember a locked text file on the P2 card titled 'lastclip.txt'. I have rescued otherwise lost media by unlocking, and rewriting this text file. I apologize on being so vague but I don't remember the specifics. I'm hoping this post will jog the memory of someone who might know more specifically.

I figured this out on my own by studying and comparing the 'lastclip.txt' file on a P2 card I was able to import and comparing it to the 'lastclip.txt' text file of a P2 card that was corrupt.

Hope this helps, even a little.

- Jackson
October 23, 2007 10:07AM
The LASTCLIP.TXT file is present in the top level of the backup folder i.e. not in the CONTENTS folder. It reads:

0389FS

That shed any light?

Otherwise, I've written to Firestore support, waiting (hopefully) for the fix. For the moment they're saying that it might be a camera setup error.

But, I still don't get why I can preview both video and audio for the clips perfectly well in the Log and Transfer window, but can't import. The media is there, so there's gotta be a way...??

The log.txt file also seems weird to me. All the timecode values read zero, although durations are properly calculated in TC and Frames.

Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics