HDV shaky in SD DVD...?

Posted by Jules 
HDV shaky in SD DVD...?
October 23, 2007 11:01AM
The short story is I cocked up, recorded something in HDV and only use FCP HD (at the mo). I managed to capture it in iMovie (can't believe I had a use for iMovie), then increased the clip size to about 130% and all was well.

Now, after dropping the HDV clips into the sequence and exporting to DVD, those clips are really shaky (is this where the term artifacts is meant to go?). I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could do in the edit (to these clips) to stop this shaking, or am i going to have to export the clips I use to my camera in SD mode, then just reimport them?

Many thanks in advance

Jules
Re: HDV shaky in SD DVD...?
October 23, 2007 01:31PM
if you cant capture in fcp i do not know what to tell you.

however, you do not need to blow the clips up 130%. that in its self started your problem.

convert the footage to what you need with compressor then edit. i used imovie for my very first video job. it is a good app but not pro grade. it sounds like you imported the footage wrong thus the need to blow them up.

artifacts are square or puzzle shaped portions of your video that seem melted or extremely blurred. a good example of what an artifact would be the mosaic tiles they use to obscure someones face. not the blur but the small array of squares they use for anonymity.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics