Digital Cinema Desktop - Freeze Frames

Posted by producerking 
Digital Cinema Desktop - Freeze Frames
October 24, 2007 08:38PM
Hi All--

I am having trouble with the Digital Cinema Desktop Display feature.

Working on a G4 (1.5 Gig) OSX Version 10.4.10

Final Cut Pro 5.1.4

I wanted to try out the Digital Cinema Desktop Display, but am having a problem or two.

I have selected all the required "ticks" on the from the various drop-down menus and tried to playback something off a timeline.

The Problem: I get a freeze frame of the first frame in the sequence. And it remains that frame until I hit the spacebar and stop the playback. At that time I get a the last frame of the sequence from the place where it stopped playing back. Of course when I hit the bat again, the the next freeze frame appears until the playback is halted again. BTW, the audio plays fine during the playback.

When I go back to the "View Menu" I find that the "all frames" is no longer selected (ticked).

Any suggestions?

They will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Digital Cinema Desktop - Freeze Frames
October 24, 2007 09:03PM
October 25, 2007 02:32PM
Haha - what if none of that works? I've got a similar problem. I recently was asked to layoff a clip that was handed to me on a DVD. The clip was 6minutes, DVCPROHD 720p60 at 23.98fps. I copied the clip, imported it into a new 720p project and laid it to timeline (conforming the timeline to the clip.) It plays fine in the viewer and, after rendering, the sequence canvas, but absolutely will not play out to my monitor or a deck. It acts exactly as your clip does prodking. Our engineer says it's the framerate that's mucking everything up. I'm a little confused? If my Kona3 won't play 720p23.98 why the 720p23.98 output option?

I've tried changing the Kona output settings, the Audio/Video playback settings, refreshing the AV device per the faq's suggestions, upconverting with media manager to 1080i23.98 (it won't convert the frame rate,) etc...We have the footage now on tape in 1080i29.97 so I'm out of the frying pan so to speak but still a little puzzled??

A little more info: I'm using FCP6.0.1 on a dualcore 3G MacPro w/4G RAM and OSX 10.4.10

The footage was shot on film (not sure of the format?) in slomo (not sure of the original frame rate?) It looks great actually.
February 23, 2008 02:27AM
No Jude, look closely at the problem. Its answer does not lie in the FAQ. Digital Cinema Desktop won't play nice. The external monitor will, through firewire, play great. But not when the output is changed to Digital Cinema Desktop. Graphics card issue?? I have the same problem as producerking.
Digs
February 23, 2008 09:22AM
Uh ok. Sorry I wasn't able to help you on the first go? Sorry I didn't look closely enough at your problem in October last year? How about you come up with an answer then, and I'll add it to the FAQ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics