5gb ram
ATI x1600 video card
FCP6

My client is working on:
PPC dual 2.0ghz
2.5 gb ram
video card?
FCP6

I did a couple of short segments for a client, which he plans on adding some graphics to; so he wants the project files so he can insert the lower thirds etc.

On most of the segments I applied the gamma adjustment filter, and on one segment i applied the vignette filter.

I gave him the harddrive with all the media and render files on it. He can open the project just fine, but any clip with the gamma or vignette filter comes out as just a flat green screen. Removing those filters yields a fine clip and a fine render.

This happened to me on a project when i went from FCP5-6 on the same machine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

greg
Re: Filters don't travel?!?
November 07, 2007 12:19PM
> any clip with the gamma or vignette filter comes out as just a flat green screen. Removing
> those filters yields a fine clip and a fine render.

Don't remove the filters yet. First have him dump the render files and re-render. If that doesn't work, disconnect the clip and reconnect it.

A flat green screen on effects is, as far as I could tell when I encountered them, something to do with Uncompressed 10-bit SD going wonky on a machine that's been upgraded from FCP4.5 to FCP5. I used to have no problems at home, but when I upgraded, kaboom -- this issue started popping up just as with a station at one company I work at. Never happens on DV NTSC projects, either.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics