Final Cut Pro 6 to Flash

Posted by Gerrit Vooren 
Final Cut Pro 6 to Flash
November 10, 2007 12:24PM
Looking for the best way to export HD 1280x 720 project to Flash, from Final cut pro or Quicktime pro. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this?
We have the latest Final Cut and QT.
Re: Final Cut Pro 6 to Flash
November 10, 2007 01:57PM
Hi Gerrit,

I just gave an answer on your previous posting: Compress for the web

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
November 10, 2007 09:45PM
So your not using Flash 8 to convert your files? I have a bunch of video that I want to convert for the web for a non profit. Flash seems to be the way to go. I just have been waiting to see what the costs and learning curve is. Anyone have some insights with the learning curve?

kevin
November 11, 2007 12:54AM
Hi Kevin.

If all you need to do is show Flash 8 video, then Flix standard ($39.95 at www.on2.com) will probably work just fine for you. There's even a free demo.

I use Flash 8 - the current version (CS3) is $699.00 . I have a bit of Flash experience - the learning time for me for inserting video to a web page using Flash-8 was about a half-hour. My guess is that for a newb just getting started with Flash (If you already have a copy of "Flash CS3 for Dummies"winking smiley would be about two hours.

Travis
[www.VOTalent.com]
November 11, 2007 12:05PM
I have a similar question, however I am not able to discern an answer to my particular question from this thread or anywhere else. Maybe this should be a new thread but I putting it here since the subject is the same:

I have both Final Cut 6 and CS3 Flash. Is there a way to export directly from Final Cut 6 to Flash and have the final result be a Flash file ready web posting with the wrapper/player embedded? Or are there other steps and software involved to get from your FC timeline to a Flash File with embedded player that's ready to upload to a website?

I don't need to learn how to upload the file to a website, just hand a file over to a webmaster.

I've looked at the Flash tutorials that came with CS3 and don't see any instructions on how to go from Final Cut 6 (SD) to Flash. Do I have to buy and read the entire "Flash for Dummies" book to figure this out? Or is this process outlined somewhere here or elsewhere that I missed?

Thanks for your help and guidance.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
November 11, 2007 01:16PM
Hi Shelley,

If you're using the Flash encoder, you will need to first export to a .mov file, which you will then import into the Flash encoder. That process shouldn't take much more time than being able to export to an .flv file directly.

If you must export .flv from FCP, I'd suggest the "Flash Exporter" from on2.com (about $200.00). I haven't used that program myself, but they offer a free trial that you can experiment with.

Good luck.

Travis
[www.VOTalent.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics