Still frames, etc. being created during P2 ingest

Posted by Garret 
Still frames, etc. being created during P2 ingest
November 12, 2007 09:49PM
(I must be having my own private Mercury in Retrograde. I think this is my 73rd post this week!)

Has anybody seen the red (!) exclamation point in the "Status" column of the Log and Transfer window? When this happens to me, a 1 frame clip is created in the Capture Scratch folder and L&T moves on to the next clip. I wait until L&T is done with the other clips, go to the Capture Scratch, delete the 1 fram QT flie, right-click the red (!) and tell it to "Retry." That usually does the trick, but sometimes I have to do it more than once.

This ain't good, right?

For five months, we've been ingesting 720/24pn mxf files into FCP 6.0.1 and never seen this happen.

But last week, after I started ingesting for a new project (same specs: 720/24pn), I got this a bunch of times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the New project's camera or P2 cards. But I'm getting it again tonight as I'm ingesting for the Old project, the one that never had problems.

The source for the ingest for the Old project is a USB 2.0 external drive. The source for the ingest for the New project is a FW400 OWC drive.

The capture scratch drive for the Old project is a MicroNet FW800 RAID-5. The capture scratch drive for the New project is an OWC FW800 RAID-0 1.5 TB Firewire.

The clips it does this to are different lengths (1:52, 1:04, :39, 4:55, for example).

Another recent development: Sometimes when I send a clip or a selection of clips to the Queue, I get the beachball for a couple of minutes before L & T finally sends the clips. "Maybe I'm just moving around the window too fast," I thought. I tried restarting. I worked slower. Neither approach helped.

The only thing I may be doing now that I haven't done for the last five months is that I'm sort of taking a log and capture approach to L&T: meaning that I go through all the clips in the upper left window and rename them, then, after they are all named, I send them to the Queue. I think we've been going more one by one up until now. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Thanks for reading!
Garret

2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Mac Pro, 5 GB RAM, FCP 6.0.1, OS 10.4.10, QT 7.2, 1.8 TB RAID 5 Firewire drive, Decklink HD Extreme capture card, HDLink
Re: Still frames, etc. being created during P2 ingest
November 12, 2007 10:37PM
I'll try unchecking Remove Advanced Pulldown and see if that helps.
Re: Still frames, etc. being created during P2 ingest: FIXED
November 13, 2007 01:08AM
Whaddya know? That did it. Everything seems to be running smoothly now.
November 13, 2007 01:10AM
Glad we could help!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke your Favorites bin with Command-6 !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 13, 2007 01:18AM
What would I do without you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics