Importing P2 card problem

Posted by emilyelaine 
Importing P2 card problem
November 19, 2007 02:18AM
Quick question. I'm importing and converting from a P2 card and some of the clips convert to 720p instead of 1080i. Why would it do that?
Re: Importing P2 card problem
November 19, 2007 02:32AM
Also for some reason while I was converting a few of the cards/reels just won't open in the import. I was told that there was some setting was changed during one of the days of shooting.
November 19, 2007 03:00AM
Well, one setting that was changed for sure was 1080 to 720. FCP doesn't import any different than what was shot, all it does is copy the file over and slap a quicktime wrapper on it. So if it imported as 720p, it was shot at 720p.

As for the other issue:

#36 - One or More P2 files failed to import.

Shane's Stock Answer #36 - "One or more clips failed to import..."

Very often in the field with this camera the camera operator will delete clips from the P2 card that they just don't like. That is the beauty of this camera. But, the still for that video file (located in the CLIP folder in the CONTENTS folder)...the still that you see when you are in the P2 Import window...is not deleted. So you will see the image, and the name, but the video file would have been deleted.

What you can do it compare the file names in the VIDEO folder and CLIP folder and see if anything is missing. If something is, then you know what the problem is. You can then just import the rest a few at time, skipping that one.

But, if you do have an equal number of clips and video files...in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
November 19, 2007 12:17PM
So I talked to a data recovery service that worked on the drive. And said that some of xml files were corrupt and I'd need a codec for playing mxf files on Final Cut Pro. I'm doing a search but can't really find anything any ideas where I can get one?
November 19, 2007 01:29PM
www.dvfilm.com

RAYLIGHT....this is what you are looking for.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics