I keep getting this WARNING Message

Posted by J.Garcia 
I keep getting this WARNING Message
December 03, 2007 03:46PM
"warning: you are about to capture non drop-frame media to a drop-frame clip. If you proceed, you may experience ......." issue basically.

I Just logged a few tapes all shot on a sony vx 2000.

I use easy set up DV NTSC, did my in and outs and log about 25 tapes, now i am getting ready to capture using batch capture and I get this warning

"warning: you are about to capture non drop-frame media to a drop-frame clip. If you proceed, you may experience ......." issue basically.

whats the problem Ive been capturing for years now, using the same setup, and now all of a sudden i get this .

I am using 10.4.11 - Mac book pro 2.4 ghz - 4 gb of ram - apple display 30 - DSR -11 deck connected via firewire using the display port, capturing to a g-raid 2 500 gb brand new

using fcp 5.1.4

can anybody enlighten me.

thanks always

J. García
Re: I keep getting this WARNING Message
December 04, 2007 07:43AM
Hmm... that means the footage was shot in non-dropframe. Check with whoever shot it to see if it was shot in non-dropframe (30fps) as opposed to ntsc dropframe (29.97fps). Try changing the editing timebase in your sequence setting to "30fps".
December 04, 2007 07:45AM
and yea, if it's non-dropframe, don't use NTSC basic. Change device control to ntsc ndf.
December 04, 2007 08:29AM
n yea, u can also read the faq on drop frame and non dropframe tc
December 04, 2007 12:28PM
the thing is they are drop frame, the sony does not shoot non drop, also is happening when i do batch capture on all the footage at once all even in 2 reels at once if I only select a reel and do batch capture is fin.

All the tapes were shot by me and is old footage that i have capture before in dv ntsc basic.

thanks but still have the problem and is very annoying to have to stop capture select a single reel and start again.

appreciate the atime and feedback

J.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics