Disconnecting Audio from Video

Posted by Carl 
Disconnecting Audio from Video
December 05, 2007 10:50AM
Sometimes I do not want the audio to be used with the video when I place it in the timeline. Is there a step I can do to stop dragging the audio with the video or do I always have to unlink them in the timeline then delete the audio.

Thanks

Carl
Re: Disconnecting Audio from Video
December 05, 2007 11:02AM
Disconnect the Source/Target buttons for A1 and A2 (and any other audio ones). That's the silvery buttons that are to the left of the track names in the timeline.

Sometimes I find messing with those buttons even slower than just deleting the audio afterwards (eg. if you're inserting materials into a busy timeline). Holding down OPTION with the Arrow tool allows you to select and delete the audio or video on their own. It's a temporary link override that doesn't affect Linked Selection.

www.derekmok.com
December 05, 2007 11:09AM
Or if you want to keep them on in case you might need to use it afterwards, toggle linked selection (shift L), and disable the audio clip (ctrl B).
December 05, 2007 11:20AM
> Or if you want to keep them on in case you might need to use it afterwards, toggle linked
> selection (shift L), and disable the audio clip (ctrl B).

Disabling the audio can be useful, but if you're trying to get it out of your way for any extended period of time, deleting it might help clean up the timeline. You can always use Match Frame to get the sync audio back.

www.derekmok.com
December 06, 2007 12:20AM
Thanks to both Derek and strypes.

I will try these later today.

Carl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics