Text and Outline Text demanding render

Posted by eleonb 
Text and Outline Text demanding render
December 10, 2007 01:51AM
Hi everybody,
I have a lot of "Texts" and "Outline Texts" in my Timeline, and most of them (curiously not all of them) are demanding Render (showing the red line, and the "Unrendered" image when playing it back).
I've been working on this project for months ("Saving As" with a new name every month, more or less), and it seems it started to happen now. I'm not 100% sure, but I guess so, because it would definitely call my attention as soon as it started happening.
If I render all, it uses several gigabytes of disk, so what can I do? This shouldn't happen, right?
(I'm using Final Cut Pro 6.0.1).
Thank you very much in advance,
Enrique
eleonb@gmail.com
Re: Text and Outline Text demanding render
December 10, 2007 09:11AM
with the in built text, you should be on a 'full quality rt' render bar, which should be a dark green bar.
December 10, 2007 11:14AM
Thank you very much for answering, strypes.
At least I know that I was right when I thought that it shouldn't happen... but it just happens (and the red bars are still there).
If somebody else can help, I'll sincerely appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Enrique.
December 10, 2007 12:45PM
is your RT set to safe or to unlimited?

eleonb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you very much for answering, strypes.
> At least I know that I was right when I thought
> that it shouldn't happen... but it just happens
> (and the red bars are still there).
> If somebody else can help, I'll sincerely
> appreciate it.
> Thanks again,
> Enrique.
December 10, 2007 07:01PM
I'd say your project has started to get more complicated than your machine can keep in memory to display without rendering. I'm basing this on the fact that the project is quite old, has been growing over time, and that the problem has only just started. It's a cumulative thing.

To test this theory, make a completely new project and add some text. Does this need rendering? If not, it's likely that your other project is just getting big. You can add more power to your rig, or just render as you go.

December 10, 2007 07:18PM
did your clips need rendering to start with?
you may have been cutting clips into a mis-matched timeline.

alternatively you are still set to "Safe"RT

change the RT to "unlimited"

also, as Jude suggests, you may have loaded more Text generators into the timeline than FCP can deal with.
but there is a fix!
go to System Settings > Memory & Cache, and double your Stills/Freeze cache to 20%

nick
December 14, 2007 07:39PM
You know, the funniest thing about the "full quality rt" dark green render bar is that despite the claims that you won't improve quality by rendering, I've always jumped in shock when i forgot that i left the clip unrendered- the quality difference is pretty obvious, it looks out of focus and slightly stuttering.
January 19, 2008 10:58PM
Hi again everybody.

Thanks to all of you again; the less I can do is write what I did and what happened, in case somebody comes to this thread with the same problem.

I did what Mark and Nick suggested: turned from "Safe RT" to "Unlimited RT" and the red bars disappeared, but all of them turned Yellow, which corresponds to "Unlimited" in the Sequence / Render menu. The images with movement "ran" at less frames per second (I literally translated it from the verb we use in Spanish, I don't know if it's the right one).

Then I went to System Settings / Memory & Cache and doubled my Stills/Freeze cache to 20%, as Nick suggested. Nearly all of the Yellow bars (over the Texts, Outline Texts and jpg images) turned Light Green ("Preview"winking smiley, and they run ok now, just a little blurry (I rendered one, and it looks perfect).
A few Yellow bars, the most "complicated" cases, stayed Yellow.

Thanks Jude for your suggestion too winking smiley

See you!
Enrique
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics