Video static going from HDV to DV

Posted by chrisrash 
Video static going from HDV to DV
December 12, 2007 12:42PM
I embedded three HDV 1080p24 sequences into a regular DV sequence with the frame rate changed to 23.98 to match the timecode of the embedded sequences. I then exported through Compressor with the file output as regular DV NTSC 29.97 in order to burn to a DVD using Toast.

This process has worked fine in the past, and I don't know what has changed. This is all being done on a dual 2.3 GHz G5 with 4 GB of RAM.

Now I'm getting these little glitches in the exported video about every five minutes. Each little glitch lasts about 6-10 frames. Let me know if you've encountered this and how you fixed it. Here are some pictures of the glitches:

This is the first fram of the glitch and for the next 6 or so frames they look like the next one.

This is from another export. Again, this is the first fram and the subsequent frames look like the next one.

Re: Video static going from HDV to DV
December 12, 2007 02:04PM
Well... In my experience working in a TV Station, I had encounter similar problems like that.

Some times even if the settings are the same and exported before to DV, it works fine. However, some other times might not work properly. Could be a glitch on your raw footage. The glitch on your raw footage might not be visible, but when you re-export, then FCP will not be able to read it and interpret as those image error. Also could be that FCP might corrupt your original media file. Don't know exactly why it happened but I had a problem like that before were all my raw footage started to get corrupted and I had to erase everything and re-ingest. Also could be a reading error from the deck you are using to capture while the ingesting process.

My suggestion is: Try Rebooting you're computer. Re-export and checking your final export. If it still doing the same, then check the raw footage. You could do a small test recapturing part of the footage and re-exporting. Also you could try a new project for testing. See if it works. It has worked for me before.

Hope it helps.

Best

Krislon
Re: Video static going from HDV to DV
December 12, 2007 02:21PM
That sounds likely. Thanks for the idea. I'll see if re-capturing some of those clips works if the less extreme fixes don't work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics