Uninstalling FCP 5

Posted by GlennC 
Uninstalling FCP 5
January 18, 2008 12:36AM
I have a PowerPC G5 and I'm running FCP 5.0.4. I would like to uninstall the application. How would I find out how to do that? I've tried Apple support but I can't seem to find anything relevant.
Re: Uninstalling FCP 5
January 18, 2008 07:58AM
You can try using AppDelete. It's free and will find and get rid of all associated application files that don't get deleted when you simply drag the application into the trash.

[www.apple.com]

Just be careful if you are looking to someday upgrade to a newer version of FC Studio. You will need to re-install FCP5 or at least keep your FCP system ID file, which is what FC looks for when installing an upgrade.(System Drive>Library>Application Support>ProApps)
January 18, 2008 12:38PM
<You can try using AppDelete. It's free and will find and get rid of all associated application files that don't get deleted when you simply drag the application into the trash.>
Thanks pscheehle. This is helpful.
January 18, 2008 07:03PM
Nice one, pscheehle - never heard of that before.

January 19, 2008 11:54AM
Jason Perr has just uploaded a new tool that will uninstall FCS 2 as well as backup, restore, and reset your preferences for Final Cut Pro with the click of a button. Backup and Restore up to 3 versions of your preferences so different users can have their own settings saved on one system.

[www.jasonperr.com]

Looks pretty groovy. $9.95

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics