flickering on pictures animation

Posted by jsztabzyb 
flickering on pictures animation
January 27, 2008 02:38AM
BH
I am making a picture slide and I noticed that most of the edges and lines inside the pics flicker a lot when I give some movement. Is there any way to fix this?
The flickering appears on the canvas as well as the external monitor (on the external monitor since it's interlaced it's much worse).
(pics are in hi res)
Re: flickering on pictures animation
January 27, 2008 02:45AM
> (pics are in hi res)

That could actually be the problem. If you use a still-image file that's too large, you'll be forced to shrink it down a great deal, which can make motion worse.

Try a Flicker filter on it. If that doesn't work, try making a smaller copy of the still-image file. How large is the image anyway? And what codec/format are you working in?

www.derekmok.com
January 27, 2008 10:36AM
BH
jpeg 3072 x 2304
What resolution do you recommend. I'll be scalling probably 20% at the most.
January 27, 2008 10:43AM
Make it 25% larger than the format you're working in.
January 27, 2008 10:47AM
Also- remember that small lines will flicker a lot- for instance someone's striped shirt, or a small serif font. Avoid them if possible.

----
www.JamesNWeber.com - Socially Aware Media

and introducing-
www.FCPTutorials.com - One source for all Final Cut Tutorials
January 27, 2008 03:34PM
Very thin lines and small details tend to flicker badly -- I think it's their interaction with the interlacing fields. You could also try adding a very small amount of blur, .05 ? .1, either in Photoshop or FCP. It won't blur it enough to make the image fuzzy but will cut down the flickering a bit.

HTH, JK

January 28, 2008 11:27AM
Try the Deflickerator action in Photoshop, it does subtle blur and shifting things that help, to varying degrees. You can get it here.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics