juddering

Posted by ptptpt 
juddering
January 30, 2008 10:03AM
Hello,
I am still having trouble making a dvd.
One of my videos seems to flicker/judder at one particular point on the dvd, only for about 5 seconds but is highly noticeable. during these 5 seconds i used a number of filters, including nattress de-interlace, strobe, 3-way colour (removing everything but red), the whole video runs ok in my fcp 4.5hd timeline though, and i use PAL.
I have set the Sequence field dominance to lower, none and upper but it makes no difference. i am creating the dvd in studio pro, any ideas?
Re: juddering
January 30, 2008 11:34AM
Are you using Compressor? Try doing a one-pass compression- I've had some major problems with the multi-pass.
Is it just one shot that is flickering?
Also, can you see the flickering once it has been compressed, or even in the DVDSP Simulator? Or only when it is burned to DVD?
Re: juddering
January 30, 2008 12:20PM
A few questions... What kind of stutter/judder is it? Is it a stutter on movement? Is there any motion alteration done to the clip? Is it flickering of fine lines? When you view it in Final Cut, do you have a broadcast monitor/CRT attached? What kind of footage was it shot on? At that point in your video, is there a lot of movement in the camera, or cross dissolves or flashes?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics