Posted by Ken Stone 
Problems with QT 7.4.1 and how to fix
February 07, 2008 02:10PM
Found this at MacFixIt, not good.

[www.macfixit.com]

--ken
Re: Problems with QT 7.4.1 and how to fix
February 07, 2008 02:19PM
Man, that's one crappy update. Thanks for the heads-up, Ken.

I'm glad I've gotten into the habit of never accepting QuickTime or OS updates without six months of observation.

www.derekmok.com
February 07, 2008 02:26PM
I have been running 7.4.1 since it was released with no issues on any front... yet.

Any pointers as to whether it is PPC or Intel, Leopard or Tiger issues?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 07, 2008 02:32PM
I don't know which system versions this affects. It seems to be an "install and restart" problem. I have not heard of any problems once QT has been successfully installed.

But wait, with QT, one never knows.

--ken
February 07, 2008 02:33PM
Take those kinds of reports with a grain of salt. Doesnt mean much unless its happening to everyone. Its not so its wait and see.

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 07, 2008 04:36PM
I faced somehow the same.
After updating a 10.51 brand new "octopus" (virgin system nothing installed except FCS 2 updated to 6.0.2) with QT 7.41 I got the "blue screen of death".
I decided to wait some time as this machine is really the worst new one I ever got and currently I better don't work on it - finally I can't barely.
After quite a long time I decided to give up and pressed power button (too short, and maybe I tried to the force quit combination, which I used very often on this machine since it showed up here) - and see what happened: the machine did a nice restart.
It seems the problem is not this QT release but the 10.5x OS X itself, maybe the "Finder" or some background task or what the hell ever.
This machine is even not able to burn DVDs from folders over the LAN, or doing some simple render shell scripts.

Maybe it's this machine, but the out of the box iMac has the same trouble and the MBP as well.

Andreas
February 07, 2008 06:59PM
Yeah I would take that machine back Andreas - my octocore works fine.

But Jeez Louise Apple. Can we stop upgrading this thing if we can't get it to not break something else? I remember when a QT upgrade was a thing to be excited about, not fearful of.

February 07, 2008 07:16PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics