Working with video shot at 300 frames per second?

Posted by Phil UK 
Working with video shot at 300 frames per second?
February 25, 2008 11:07AM
Hey y'all, I am working in a day or two with video shot at 300 fps, the camera operates using TIFF files, has its own hard drive from which you load from (I assume)...how does this work in terms of editing in Final Cut 5.1.4? Do I convert to quicktime some how? Can I just load from cam to hard drive? The camera operates like film..each TIFF similar to a frame of film or something like that. Advice always apprieciated cheers..Phil UK
Re: Working with video shot at 300 frames per second?
February 25, 2008 12:22PM
It probably outputs an image sequence, 0001, 0002, 0003 etc.

Easiest way to handle these is to open them in Motion as an image sequence (button with the shaded rectangles on bottom of browser needs to be enabled) Then export as a quicktime a the resolution & framerate of your choice.

Peter

idustrialrevolution
February 25, 2008 12:26PM
I was gonna say use AE if you have it. AE sees & treats TIFF / TARGA sequences as movies so you can quickly render it out as whatever you need.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 25, 2008 01:42PM
Cheers guys, we shall try it out.
February 25, 2008 10:24PM
You can even load sequential TIFFS or PSD's into QuickTime Pro to generate an image sequence and export in your favorite codec. I've done it.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 26, 2008 11:24AM
Hi Loren, regarding the QT Pro option, can I load the seqs from a drive straight into QT Pro? Is it that simple. I'm just learning AE so Joe's idea is possible but limited due to my lack on Know How...cheers Phil
February 27, 2008 06:16AM
QT pro handles tiff/targa sequences. Click "open image sequence" and then save that as a qt movie. simple.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics