Canon XH A1 capture

Posted by newptfot 
Canon XH A1 capture
March 01, 2008 10:57PM
Just tried my first capture from Xh A1, almost there.... this is my set up so far and the only way I can get this far capturing. Video shot HDV.

Audio?video settings HDV 1080i60
Capture DV NTSC 48 KHZ
Device control Firewire Basic

Camera playback set to HDV in signal set up, HD down convert set to ON( it won't capture when set to off)
1. Problem audio sync off a little.
2. Play back on monitor is letter boxed is this normal, shouldn't it play back SD 4:3

Sorry this is vague but it's my first go, thanks for any help.

Rick
Re: Canon XH A1 capture
March 01, 2008 11:44PM
Chekc out the FAQ on this : HDV capture FAQ

March 02, 2008 06:21AM
If Jude's suggestion doesn't get you the results you're after, go to DVinfo where there is a large section for XHA1 owners (as well as a FCP section). Every aspect of this camera's post workflow is explained in great detail. In fact if your new to the camera you should give it a look anyway. The downloadable camera presets are well worth a look, particularly since the A1 is a bit dull "out of the box".
I particularly like the preset put forward by a guy called steven Dempsey known as Vivid RGB.

Here's the link: [www.dvinfo.net]

this page is searchable.

Enjoy

D
March 02, 2008 08:10AM
That you both, I'm Oh so green here. I've been with FCP since the start and ever since HD arrived I knew there would be issues, I'll get there.

Rick
March 02, 2008 08:36AM
Dom, I'm alittle lame on the pre-sets, do I have to down load them to my camera or does the XH A1 have one already set up, thats what I assume? I am also confused on the setting for capture in FCP.
March 03, 2008 02:21AM
Sounds like you need to read the Canon manual Rick.

Here's the specific link to the presets page with instructions on how and where to load them.

[www.dvinfo.net]

There are 13 pages of stuff on the presets, and some interesting configurations for getting the most out of this great little camera. Read them and the manual too. Sign up to DVinfo and put your post on the XHA1 pages, or do a search called "presets" on the XHA1 pages, or check the FAQ's in the same section. There is huge amount of info on all the queries you have regarding your camera and its FCP workflow.

If you're still confused after doing the above, by all means get back to me here at LAFCPUG, but your best bet is to put a post on DVinfo's A1 page.

I've given you more than enough info to get started, but you're going to have to do some reading on your own.

D
March 03, 2008 01:16PM
Thank you very much, I'm reading as we speak.
March 03, 2008 06:42PM
I movie captures now I just need FCP2. to capture. Canon was zero help they told me to call Apple which is where I am now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics