studio lighting

Posted by dom 
dom
studio lighting
March 02, 2008 02:39AM
Hi guys,
hope your well, I'm creating an online show and have been looking into various lighting options. Can anyone recommend a suitable setup? It would be a sofa, coffee table and 2 actors talking to camera. Would 2 Red Heads and a soft light be appropriate? If so what positioning can anyone suggest?
Thanks for your valuable time
Re: studio lighting
March 04, 2008 12:08PM
Rather than purchasing the odd Mole lamps, a kit might be a better choice and a better value for a small setup such as this.

A kit (I like Arri, but there are other brands. ) consisting of a 1K, 1 650 and 2 300s (+ a Chimera) would be ideal for your setup. Set up the 1K in the Chimera as your key. The Chimera will give you some good soft light with plenty of spread. Use the 650 for fill (or bounce the 650 off a white card) and use the 300s for backlight. Bring spun glass, opal and 216 for diffusion, and CTB/CTO for color temperature purposes.

Might be odd to have them both sitting on the couch. One on the couch and one on a chair would be better for lighting and shooting purposes. Just use a basic 3 point lighting setup. You'll know what to do.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
dom
Re: studio lighting
March 09, 2008 09:44PM
Thanks for your help Kevin,
What is your point of view on Fleuro light Banks for a studio shoot?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics