FCP can't be moved?

Posted by newptfot 
FCP can't be moved?
March 03, 2008 10:57AM
The pest is back, I posted earlier about install of FCP on one computer, after talking to Apple you can only have one desk top and one lap top? I was told that on the desk top that it is em-beaded and can't be moved it's not even registered yet can this be true (un-movable)? Unfortunatley I installed on a older dual G5 first am I stuck with this?
Re: FCP can't be moved?
March 03, 2008 11:33AM
That sounds weird. How does the disk now what is a laptop and a desktop? Can someone explain that to us?

You cant run same version of FCP on 2 Macs at same time but the license says you can install on a laptop and a desktop. So why cant you install on 2 desktops? I'm betting your install disk or the drive in your other Mac is goofy.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 03, 2008 11:48AM
Here's my experience...

If you have two machines, (In my case one laptop and one desktop) on the same network, and you're running one instance of FCP, you can't run, or even install a second copy on a machine on the same network. I had taken the laptop to the office studio to upgrade to FCS2. Once I shut down FCP on the office machine, it let me install FCS on the laptop.

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
March 03, 2008 12:45PM
Turns out my install disk got scratched between installs. Apple is sending a replacement disk. The first Apple Care person gave me the wrong info, you can install on two personal laptops or desk tops computers, but can't run at the same time which I knew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics