Update on problem

Posted by mikebellfilm 
Update on problem
March 04, 2008 01:31PM
Hopefully I have now enough info for you for a solution to my problem.

44 minute project, shot in HDV @ 24p. Project size is 1280x720. I'm having problems outputting this to Quicktime for distribution on DVD.

Render time is extremely long (no surprises there), but midway through the render I get either of these two messages

Startup disk is low on space

or

General error.

Both of these end the render and I'm back at square one.

Apologies if this is FCP 101, but this is the first HDV project of this length I've attempted and normally I don't encounter these problems on my smaller length stuff.
Re: Update on problem
March 04, 2008 01:45PM
When you say your having trouble outputting for DVD do you mean just rendering via export quicktime using current settings?
March 04, 2008 03:23PM
I've decided to become a Luddite, chuck my mac out the window, realize my vision through live theater or sock puppets.
March 04, 2008 03:25PM
It may just be that you have run out of space. Sure sounds like it. You have no external Hard Drive?

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 05, 2008 11:54AM
I ran into this problem on one of our Avids (please, don't start throwing stuff! haha) Clear some space on the drive you're exporting to. Worked for me. Sounds like it needs some elbow room to do the heavy lifting of exporting your QT file. Good luck,
Andre
March 05, 2008 02:30PM
Thanks for the tips. Yes, it was a space problem. It's all better now. Nothing thrown....yet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics