how to rip web video for FCP w/ LiveType?

Posted by ekoe 
how to rip web video for FCP w/ LiveType?
March 07, 2008 08:07PM
I've volunteered to edit a piece for a Burma non-profit organization. Because of the media blackout imposed by the Myanmar dictatorship, most of the footage is only available online as .flv (like YouTube).

I've tried SnapxPro, Zamzar and Tubesock (and others) with differing results, but when I get the clip into FCP4 as a .mov or DV(PAL), I lose the clip audio. It seems to be caused by the addition of my LiveType graphics, for reasons I do not comprehend.

The conversion, resizing and import/export of the clips seems very time consumptive as well. So, my question is... what am I doing wrong? What is the recommended process for ripping from the web (.flv) for FCP with LiveType graphics?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Re: how to rip web video for FCP w/ LiveType?
March 08, 2008 12:28AM
what is the format they want it delivered on?

if you were to export your edits, pre-livetype, maybe the LT graphics would take to the exported files?

try Motion maybe?

how did they get the footage out to dig it in the first place?

www.markdavid.tv
March 08, 2008 08:52AM
> It seems to be caused by the addition of my LiveType graphics, for reasons I do not comprehend.

Hmm, that doesn't make sense. Are you sure the clips aren't muxed? SnapzPro should be able to capture any audio that plays on your computer.

www.derekmok.com
March 08, 2008 11:07AM
March 08, 2008 11:19AM
Have you tried converting that .flv clip to .mov format before using it in FCP? I guess that should solve the problem attributed to LiveType.

Alberto
March 08, 2008 12:09PM
WHy don't you try downloading the video going to Window/Activity.
Then open the file in MPEG Stream clip or Visualhub or FFmpeg and convert to whatever you want.
March 08, 2008 08:27PM
Get Firefox, if you don't already have it and install the free plug-in, "Downloadhelper" at the following link'
[www.downloadhelper.net]

Then, use Compressor, or MPEG Streamclip (another free app) to convert to DV, or whatever final codec you want to use on FCP.

Hope this helps! (It works great!!!!0

Robert Moore
Technical Manager
TMZ TV
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics