AJA IO HD, Users?

Posted by Andrew Kines 
AJA IO HD, Users?
March 13, 2008 04:29PM
Any one out there using an AJA IO HD with FCP?
Thoughts, feelings?
Stable, reliable, flexible?

It might be the solution for a low budget SD finish show I am quoting on. Multiple SD format sources (All the Betas-Oxide via SP to SX and Digi, DV etc)
QuadG5, w. FCS2

[EDIT] Has anyone here actually worked with the MOTU V3HD yet?
Tanks..

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Re: AJA IO HD, Users?
March 14, 2008 11:51AM
I dont know a single soul who has worked with the MOTU. I can tell you no one after repeated emails has ever gotten back to me about demoing the damn thing at lafcpug. Says a lot about their company.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 14, 2008 01:46PM
Yeah, I ditto that, Mike. They seem clueless.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
March 14, 2008 07:28PM
I e-mailed them when I first saw an ad in the back of DV magazine...I got a response that when it is ready, contact them again. ANd when it was ready and I contacted them again, they replied with a list of dealers in my area. I asked if I could review the unit, and I got that list of stores.

Yeah, pretty clueless.

I/O HD might be OVERKILL for you Andrew...if you are working with SD. Why not look at the first box, the regular 'ol AJA I/O? OR are you futureproofing?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 14, 2008 09:01PM
Yes. Future proofing and keeping it portable.
Who wouldn't want a handle on a $5g piece of kit? All my favorite wines come with a handle, or in a box.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 15, 2008 09:23AM
"All my favorite wines come with a handle, or in a box."

I worked on Oz & James's big wine adventure (USA) last year and I became a ridiculous wine ponce thru 'Oz'mosis by listening to James May and Oz Clark go on about how fantastic the California wines are...

I think they are looking at Australia this year for the wine adventure so they might be down under in your neck of the woods!

So any particular wines you want to share with the world as a recommendation?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 15, 2008 09:59AM
I worked on (shooting, not editing) "$40 a Day with Rachael Ray" and we visited quite a few Oregon wineries. My favorite was:

Evesham Wood

We rolled up out of the blue and asked if we could shoot some footage in their vineyard and the owner, Russ, invited us in for a tasting. It was just me and my producer (not Rachael) and we spent the better part of three hours there. The wines were all good but I particularly liked the organic Pinot Noirs.

Their distribution chain has grown considerably since then but getting a case to the UK may be problematic.

Distributors

Would be worth it, though. Nice people and very good wine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics