Plug-in manager 1.7.3 released

Posted by Michael Horton 
Plug-in manager 1.7.3 released
March 25, 2008 08:09PM
About Plugin Manager 1.7.3

This update improves reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express, Aperture, Logic Studio and related SDKs.

Whatever that means.

Sure wish they tell us what these updates really do.

[www.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: Plug-in manager 1.7.3 released
March 25, 2008 08:23PM
I don't have anything important I'm working on right now, so I'll bite the bullet and let you know if I have any problems with it.
March 25, 2008 08:28PM
...updating my Quad PPC & MBP (Tiger / Leopard). Let you know any weirdness.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 25, 2008 09:02PM
Well, I can still open the whole Suite. No problems noticed so far. I don't even know what to check for. Thanks, Apple.
March 25, 2008 09:14PM
I had no idea that my plug-ins needed any management whatever. I had labored under the impression that I had only to install and then make appropriate use of them -- the little slaves.

I hope some brainy board member will let us all know why this representation is necessary or desirable.

Does this "manager" charge a 15% fee, for instance?

Is this some socio-economic plot?

Harry.

PS. It seems trite to mention this, but perhaps there are more urgent FCS issues to be addressed by the Apple boffins. Or am I wrong?
March 25, 2008 09:23PM
This has a bit more info, but I am not sure where they got it. Usually plugin updates are for audio apps that use plugins like whales eat krill. This time it's apparently for our little video app.

[www.macnn.com]

PluginManager update solves Final Cut issue
Apple today unveiled PluginManager 1.7.3, an update to the plugin management service for Final Cut Pro, Motion, Aperture, Logic Studio, as well as several SDK kits. The update addresses certain problems within Final Cut Studio relating to backwards compatibility. PluginManager.framework, FxPlug.framework, ProFX.framework, and FxPlugWrapper.plugin have all been replaced with current versions to address the issue. The update is also available through Software Update, under the Apple Menu.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 25, 2008 09:29PM
"All things must be managed" Harry. That is part of the "Technology Code" written in Geneva around 1648. It disappeared sometime in the early 19th century and has never surfaced since. Some say it lies in a cave near the Dead Sea. Others say it is utter crap and we should all drink beer.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 25, 2008 09:39PM
Michael,

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Harry.
March 26, 2008 12:53AM
I can't see any good reason to download this at the moment, but if a point upgrade appears in the near future will install before updating the apps.

Dave
Compability ?
March 26, 2008 03:21AM
let's make sure it doesn't interfere with plugs with their very own management like fxfactory

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
March 27, 2008 06:15AM
All,

The name Plugin Manager doesn't refer to the front end management of plugins such as FxFactory.
This update was to fix a problem where some Apple & non-Apple FxPlug effects were not showing up after people had done the Tiger to Leopard update.

Hope that helps clear that one up smiling smiley

Peter

www.peterwiggins.com
March 27, 2008 02:06PM
Is this patch supposed to fix the issue with the Unreadable/Too new error? That thing is killing me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics