OT_Red Camera workflow 2

Posted by Gualex 
OT_Red Camera workflow 2
April 09, 2008 04:20PM
Hi Kevin and all:

I red the Pdf and it sure helps but I am still puzzled.

The client is determined on providing QT at 720X405 23.98 with synced audio.
I need to finish NTSC 720x486 29.97 (not letterboxed).

How should I do this? Should I cut the 30sec spots at 23.98 and then do the pull-down? Would this be a time stretch or is there a plug in to do it?

Should I ask for the original .r3d files at 2k 23.98 and get the 29.97 quicktimes out of red alert, is that possible?

Do you have any ideas, thanks a lot.

Gualex
Re: OT_Red Camera workflow 2
April 10, 2008 01:08PM
If you have a 23.98 delivery in the pipeline, it is better to work at 23.98 and then add pulldown for any 29.97 outputs.

As far as length: your 29.97 version will be longer than :30. Not much you can do about that. I guess you can slow the clips down a small percentage, but you will lose resolution. You will also have to slow down your audio by the same amount. I suppose I would use optical flow in Motion or Shake but I've never had to go down this road. I wonder what others have done in this instance as I've never been up against it.

If it were me, a ProRes workflow is the most reasonable way to go. Take the .R3D files and use REDCINE to create your one light files to send to Compressor. In Compressor, create the kind of clips you'd like to use, 1080P ProRes HQ or whatever else may better suit your purposes. Then edit away. You can send the sequence to Color via XML if you like.

Hope that helps you.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics