Deleted render files.

Posted by beverett86 
Deleted render files.
April 09, 2008 04:23PM
I was cleaning out my computer and deleted render files. My sequences still show up but they need rendered. The action of (sequences "render"winking smiley wont let me render them. Am I just screwed? What do I do?
Re: Deleted render files.
April 09, 2008 04:50PM
this should work fine.
how are you selecting your sequences to render them?
what happens when you try to render them?

i suspect a simple re-start might help.

nick
April 09, 2008 04:54PM
I try to select all of them with my arrow. I try them individually and every other way possible. Restart?
\B-
April 09, 2008 05:24PM
b wrote:
"Hi, thank you for your response. This restart failed to work. Do you have any other suggestions? I still have the green and red lines above the tracks and cannot render them out."

how are you trying to render?
Render Selection?, Render All?

render selection might not get the green ones unless you have them ticked in hte menu

check in Sequnce Menu > Render
make sure the relevant colours are ticked

but another thing to try when FCP goes weird on you is trashng your preferences.
here's an article:
[www.lafcpug.org]

nick
April 09, 2008 05:35PM
Thank you, I am pretty good at this program usually. I just get the feeling that If I trashed my render files than I absolutely cant render again. You know?
April 09, 2008 05:51PM
> I just get the feeling that If I trashed my render files than I absolutely cant render again.

On the contrary, render files are the most expendable files in editing with FCP. They get corrupt and disconnected all the time. I clean mine out every four sessions or so.

Check your render settings. Also, use OPTION-R instead of APPLE-R.

I used to be able to render Sequences by highlighting them in the Browser and executing the command, but that ability may have been lost in the transition to FCP6? It hasn't worked lately. To get around this, open the sequences in question, go into User Preferences, set Auto Render to begin after one minute and choose "All Open Sequences". Then just wait one minute for it to kick in.

www.derekmok.com
April 09, 2008 05:51PM
yeah, it might feel like that now,
but it's not the case.

i trash render files from the finder sometimes.
i think i've even done it while the project was open.

but i've never not been able to go back in and re-render
it shouldn't really hurt.

nm
April 09, 2008 05:52PM
My goodness it worked!!! You are good! Many thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics