very strange issue with AJA KONA 3

Posted by Phil UK 
very strange issue with AJA KONA 3
April 11, 2008 04:43AM
This is rare, I think the KONO cards are great - I had a problem with my broadcast monitor in that I could not get a picture out of FCP 5.1.4 so eventually I re installed the KONA software and the monitor got a signal - however in the worst possible time a weird glitch appeared (two frames). This is a commercial about to be trafficked. I checked the original quicktime on my hard drive and it to had the glitch. I had not seen this and that is because it was not there to begin with. The glitch was a day glow green line of light running through the picture with strange reds and blues at the bottom.
The problem was not resolved so it was lucky I had sent a test IMX file to the traffic company that morning. The financial cost of missing a tv spot is huge. Has anybody ever experienced that kind of nightmare? I'd love to hear from you, cheers Phil UK
Re: very strange issue with AJA KONA 3
April 11, 2008 05:06AM
I havent had the visual glitch appear but on 3 occasions this week i have qt'd a sequence and had odd audio glitches appear out of nowhere that aren't in the original sequence...
Re: very strange issue with AJA KONA 3
April 11, 2008 10:02AM
I have the Kona 3 and have not experienced that glitch. I'll wager it was something else that caused that, as I have not heard of this ever happening, and I am all over the Kona forums at the Cow. Where you can also post this question and see if others have experienced the same thing.

[forums.creativecow.net]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics