Bad news in new updates!

Posted by Christopher SJ 
6.0.2 update is gone forever
April 16, 2008 11:24PM
Hi, no I haven't. I wanted to try my re-install first.

Holy crap! Apple has removed the Final Cut Pro 6.0.2. update from there web sites. Completely. All of the links for it go to Pro Apps Update 2008-01, which is 6.0.3.

Wow.

-Christopher
Re: 6.0.2 update is gone forever
April 16, 2008 11:31PM
OK I have my own archive of the 6.0.2 installer from a back-up. You know I heard on a Mac podcast recently that Apple is taking away earlier installers and this demonstrates this. It looks like a purposeful policy.
Re: Bad news in new updates!
April 17, 2008 12:24AM
Christopher, not sure if this helps or not.

I have a 2008 Macpro 2.8ghz, 10GB RAM, OS 10.5.2, QT 7.4.5, FCP 6.0.3. I do not have a Kona card. The OS and FC Studio 2 is a fresh install because I was dealing with a P2 import problem for over a week before 6.0.3 came out.

I have footage that was imported from Panasonic P2 cards in DVCPRO HD 720p24 format. It plays fine in the viewer and on the timeline. I also have Sony HDV clips that seem fine but there is no talking in the clips so its hard to tell if it's in sync or not.
OK its done
April 17, 2008 03:09AM
OK, the full fresh reinstall is done, minus the very latest updates. I get one good capture and thats it. After that ALL captures with the Kona card are bad and ALL files from a ten year archive play badly.

If I...
? trash prefs
? uninstall and reinstall Kona Drivers
? fix permissions

and then restart, then old captures are fine in FCP but new captures fail with stuttering and loooong out of sync issues.

The stuttering causes the video and audio to play at different speeds, thus lose massive sync.

So I was wrong about it being the Apple updates. Something else happened to my system on that very day. I'll try a call to AJA but this may be the end of this edit system. Maybe an electric surge damaged the Mac or AJA board. Too bad for me.

Thanks for reading and advising.

-Christopher
April 17, 2008 01:41PM
Hey I hope you get it sorted man - its an awful feeling when we are reduced to the level of a PC user and have to reinstall software especially the OS! Gets you right in the guts.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to:

A. Get drunk

B. Make sure it is the Kona by testing it in another Mac

and

C. Test another working Kona in yours to make sure it isn't the Mac hardware.

Good luck man

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
April 17, 2008 02:01PM
Great advice Ben!

And fortunately, my producer's system is almost an exact duplicate of mine, except mine is a Quad 2.66 and his is a quad 3.0 GHZ. So I CAN do the change out.

Wow. 30hrs of testing sucks. But now I have vanilla vodka and Ocean Spray Cran-rasberry! smileys with beer

Oh and I learned this: Apple does not keep past updates within the same major version on many applications. BEWARE! Archive those installer packages! eye popping smiley

-Christopher
April 17, 2008 02:06PM
Keep us posted - its becoming like an episode of Beverly Hills 90210...

...only without the hot 90s haircuts grinning smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
April 17, 2008 08:00PM
Aja Tech Support is the best. When I had an issue a while back and troubleshot it down to a bad Kona LHe port, Rudy @ Aja overnighted me another card AND cables for free. I just had to pay to send back the damaged unit. They also walk me through every issue I have with FCP. It's the only capture hardware I buy & recommend. You may have a bad board. You may also have a bad RAID...better check that out too.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 19, 2008 06:01PM
> Keep us posted - its becoming like an episode of Beverly Hills 90210

Ooooh! Jennie Garth!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics