OT_SuperMeet

Posted by Gualex 
OT_SuperMeet
April 17, 2008 11:35AM
Any news from the SuperMeet I was hoping to see FCP Studio 3 yesterday?

Thanks,

Gualex
Re: OT_SuperMeet
April 17, 2008 12:31PM
FCS 3? You thought you'd see that after only one year of FCS2? And with Apple NOT at NAB? HA! Sorry, but that is a bit unrealistic. They showed of Final Cut Server...

Final Cut Versions usually take 2 years for the major updates.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 17, 2008 12:48PM
Is there no hope that we will ever see high def BluRay authoring in DVD Studio? The original HD-DVD was not even realistic as you could never buy an HD-DVD burner??
April 17, 2008 12:50PM
HOPE? Yes. TIMETABLE...never. Apple never lets slip when, or even IF, features will be coming out. But since Blu-Ray is the High Def DVD format that won out, they'd be stupid NOT to add support.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 17, 2008 02:56PM
The news from the SuperMeet was the caterers had never seen so much food eaten in such a short period of time!

"Well this is a first" said one serving lady after replacing the the third big vat of beans, chicken & beef at the MGM.

Congrats to to Michael too for puling off a great meeting.

Peter

idustrial revolution
April 17, 2008 03:37PM
But, were there even questions about the future of DVD Studio at the SuperMeet?
April 17, 2008 03:42PM
Good lord, they're not axing DVDSP, are they? It's huge.

["Well this is a first" said one serving lady after replacing the the third big vat of beans, chicken & beef at the MGM. ]

Wish I'd been there. Excuse me, i have to go to Trader Joe's for beans, chicken and beef, to try and recapture the experience.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Set your customized window layout 1 or 2 by holding Option then click
Window menu>Arrange>and select Set Custom Layout 1 or 2 !

Then use Custom Layout 1 or 2 with Shift-U or Option-U !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 17, 2008 07:08PM
It was a great show, but very long, but the crowd was patient and very enthusiastic. Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to hang out with. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Dan Berube my partner for helping put this thing on. Next year we won't try to emulate a Bruce Springstein concert and keep it under 3 hours. There just wasn't time for questions.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 17, 2008 07:21PM
Next year = Supermeet in Orlando, Florida, RIGHT???

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 17, 2008 07:33PM
Sure. If 1000 people want it we will do it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 17, 2008 07:37PM
I am officially starting a petition. We have plenty of hotel rooms & a brand spanking new convention center winking smiley

April 18, 2008 03:10AM
Joey, summer in Florida is MUGGY. What about fall?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Set your customized window layout 1 or 2 by holding Option then click
Window menu>Arrange>and select Set Custom Layout 1 or 2 !

Then use Custom Layout 1 or 2 with Shift-U or Option-U !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 20, 2008 10:12AM
Loren,

Don't know the last time you were here, but Florida is a LARGE STATE. Orlando is not Miami...which is why Walt Disney picked it to build his parks. Mostly mild weather all year round. It dos get hot in the summer and has it's humid periods...but it's not humid all the time by any stretch (that's Miami / Ft. Lauderdale - you can cut it with a knife). There is a slight change of seasons here and in December / January / February / March it is gorgeous (temp is between 30º & 75º with NO HUMIDITY). Why do you think Orlando has more hotel rooms than Las Vegas? Why do you think Orlando is the Golf capital of the WORLD? If we had gambling, THIS would be the destination for all conventions...but we don't because this is a family vacation spot - Vegas is not. Our clubs close early - 2:00 AM-ish. I guess if debauchery rules the decision making, Orlando will never win out sad smiley

Oliver Stone spoke at my school here in Orlando in '98 (Full Sail). I stood up in front of thousands of people and asked him why there weren't more Hollywood studios being built in Orlando. He said to me, "...the nightlife sucks. Film people like to party". He didn't say, "It's too @$#! humid" winking smiley

There's actually so much to do here, it's totally ridiculous:

[www.orlandoinfo.com]

[www.internationaldriveorlando.com]

[orlando.nightguide.com]

[orlando.metromix.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics