after effects/ quicktime

Posted by newptfot 
after effects/ quicktime
April 17, 2008 11:11PM
FCP2, OS10.4.11 dual 2.7GHZ Power Pc G5

I recieived a Quick Time file from a customer a two minute series of titles with various spins and effects. When I import into FCP it plays fine until the end, when I export a quicktime and import into DVDSP the timeline does not play to the very end it cuts off several seconds. I don't have any in and out points in FCP, I don't know after effects so I'm at a loss.

Rick
Re: after effects/ quicktime
April 18, 2008 01:25AM
Hang on, why can't you import the original QT file directly into DVDSP? Did you need to edit it down in FCP?

JK

April 18, 2008 11:55AM
Yes the way it finished I just did a fade to black that seems to be the problem if I change his file at all I loose the last five seconds strange. The files was created in after effects (export quicktime) and he says he has an older version of quicktime?
Re: after effects/ quicktime
April 18, 2008 12:44PM
Two ideas here:

1. Add a 5-second slug to the end of your timeline after the fade. See if the end is cut off again after you export; even if it is maybe you'll trick it into cutting off only the slug and leave your video intact.

2. Bypass FCP completely and use Compressor to make your MPEG file AND add a fade out. Drag your file into Compressor then drag the Apple>DVD>90 minutes Quality encode preset to it. In the Filters tab of the inspector select the Fade In/Out filter and set a duration for the end fade.

HTH, JK

April 18, 2008 09:31PM
John your first suggestion worked thank you.

Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics